Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Love Tracy Chapman!









There is nothing more raw and real than the voice of Tracy Chapman. She reaches down into your soul with her vocals and then stirs things up. She is intense. She is moving. You cannot stay in the same place listening to her. You will be moved. You will grow.
"For You".... What can I say? It was written for ME!! This song captures every emotion boiling under the surface of Tracy. The music is amazing. You aren't listening to 50 different instruments, masking her voice, drowning out her talent. It is just Tracy, the strings, and your soul. "Fast Car" is also a favorite!
I can remember riding in the car with her cd popped in, windows down, singing out so loud, so confident. I'd get to work, and the words "gimme one reason" would come to mind. Nothing could ruin my day.
I remember the first time I heard Tracy. I didn't know anything about her. I didn't know where she came from. I was inspired to Google her because her voice was so full of emotion. Being a writer, I wanted to know how she had developed her gift, what moved her to express her self so freely.
Tracy was born in Cleveland, Ohio. Her mother raised her and even though they didn't have money, just reading about her life I can see how much she was loved and encouraged. Her mother gave her a ukulele at the young age of three years old. She raised her in the Baptist church and Tracy was also accepted in a great program called "A Better Chance." This program helps minorities get a better education by giving them an opportunity to go to a private school and be educated.
Tribute To: Tracy ChapmanShe has inspired me with her life struggles to be more, to try harder. There are days when I am tired and I don't feel like trying. I want to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep, but instead I put on the cd and I can dream again.
Listen to some of your favorite Tracy Chapman songs!


The Karaoke Channel Store
     




No comments:

Post a Comment